Tips for a Less Chaotic Back-To-School Time
Ease the transition of your back-to-school time using some simple steps with a family
calendar and get your family all on the same page.
This is where the trusty Family Calendar becomes the most important tool in the house.
Use these tips for a more organized back-to-school time:
• Get your family involved in planning -- after Sunday night dinner, spend 15
minutes over dessert planning the week ahead
• Go over and update your schedules for school, sports, clubs, work, and social
• Make everyone responsible for bringing their own schedules and for updating
their info into the shared family calendar
• Create a reminder system so duties are remembered on the day-of - use some
type of reminder on your smartphone or computer, or a visual cue such as a wall
• Split chores or to-dos for each family member - rather than assign them, have a
big list and let the group decide who should do each
• Discuss deadlines and expectations whenever possible so that there is clear
understanding and less chance of slip-ups
• Reward individual contribution - always allow individual members to crossoff their own to-dos and enjoy that feeling of satisfaction; also, set-up a treat or
allowance system for kids
For more tips on student time management and other topics, check out the Day Runner Success Center and be sure to visit the Day Runner online store for the latest deals on time management tools and solutions.